You can use the BIME Scheduler to refresh your data in Déjà Vu, Managed Storage, or BigQuery. The BIME Scheduler is a cross-platform service that you can install on a server or terminal in-house to run separately from the BIME UI.
Installing the Scheduler
Before installing the Scheduler, you must have 2GB of RAM available. Each system requires a separate installation procedure.
The Scheduler is available on the following systems:
- Download and unzip the file BIME Scheduler-Linux.
- Open the terminal in Applications > Utilities, and navigate to the
folder you unzipped. You can use the command: cd path/to/the/folder. For
- In the
see a list of scripts to install, start, and stop the
Initiate the install script by typing in the following
with the following
The Scheduler will now load each time your machine starts up.
- Download and unzip the file BIME Scheduler-Macintosh.
- Double click the file 'click-me-to-install-scheduler'.
The Scheduler is now running and can be accessed from BIME Desktop.
Connecting the Scheduler to BIME
After you finish installing, you can connect the Scheduler to your BIME account. Only users with administrative rights can manage the Scheduler.
- Sign in to your BIME account from BIME Desktop, then open the Admin menu () on the left panel of your screen.
- Click the Scheduler icon ().
- Provide the address of the machine running the Scheduler
(9100 by default).
- Click Connect.
All connections using a cloud storage solution are displayed, whether a schedule is already set or not.
- Click on your connection to open the Schedule details window.
- Select the refresh rate of your
Modifications will not be saved
- You can refresh any connect manually by clicking on the refresh button to the
right of the
connection.In the interface, you can view the following information for each connection:
- The cloud storage solution and refresh rate
- The last time the connection was updated
- The last time a schedule was trigged including its status
If you encounter a problem with the refresh, you will see details on the error. Otherwise your status should read Success.
Connections not available for the Scheduler
If your connection is not stored in the cloud (Déjà vu, Managed Storage, or BigQuery), you will not be able to schedule a refresh for it.
If your connection is an Excel or CSV connection created on the BIME Web interface, you will not be able to schedule a refresh for it. Instead, your file is uploaded to BIME, and you will have to reimport the file each time you want to refresh.
- Add file connections in BIME Desktop instead of the BIME Web interface. Any data will then be directly fetched from your file system.