Connecting to ElasticSearch requires different procedures than other big data stores (see About big data store connections). This article will instruct you on how to connect to an ElasticSearch dataset. ElasticSearch is limited to 100K rows.
- In the Data sources library, click + to add a new connection.
- Select the ElasticSearch icon () .
- Enter a name and select a category for your connection.
- To access ElasticSearch, enter your URL with the 'http://'.
- If you want to add authentication settings, click the Use authentication checkbox.
- Click Connect.
- Select an Endpoint, Search query type, Index, and Type.
- Click Next. Your attributes and metrics will automatically be placed into two columns. You can edit element placements by using the Move left and Move right arrows (see Editing your data).
- Click on the Advanced tab to edit cache, time zone, and Query Blender options.
- Click Save when finished.
You will automatically be redirected to the Query Builder. For information on building a new query, see Creating queries. ElasticSearch will not delegate calculated metrics or date range metrics.