API Use case: Large number of dashboard viewers synchronization
Having hundreds of dashboard viewers to manage can be a challenge. The BIME API can be used to do a batch synch of dashboard viewers and potentially their associated data security rules.
API Use case: BIME dashboard SSO integration
Third party solution providers can seamlessly embed Bime dashboards as part of their applications.
The pieces required are:
- A Bime OEM account
- Make API calls to synchronize named users' access rights
- Pass the Bime access token of the user to the embedded dashboards
- Create at least one dashboard from the BimeUI (Create connections > Queries > Dashboard)
- Try to get a Bime named user for your system id of the current user.
- If it exists go to 6.
- Retrieve the list of groups.
- Create a named user in Bime and attach it to a group.
- List the dashboards to which the Bime named user group has access.
- Load the dashboard passing in parameter the Bime named user access token.
Named user groups can have associated security rules that can be applied.
- Create at least one dashboard from the BimeUI (Create connections > Queries > Dashboard).
- Create groups for your users.
- Create security rules for your group for your dashboard.
- Associate existing or new users to your group (See Simple workflow).
- Load the dashboard passing in parameter an access token for each user.
Warning: Please be sure to add the domain from where the dashboard will be loaded in the publish form of the dashboard in the BIME studio interface.