In BIME, you can modify default date fields to match the start and end dates of your organization's calendar. Fiscal attributes enable you to create new date field attributes that correspond with your calendar. Fiscal attributes function the same as imported date attributes, so you can use your calendar in custom date ranges instead of BIME's (see Editing dates).
To create fiscal attributes
- Connect to your data source (see Importing your data).
- In the Query Builder, click the Data structure icon ().
- Navigate to your Date folder.
- Hover over any date field attribute.
- Click the down arrow next to the attribute name.
- From the drop-down list select Define fiscal year.
- Check the Fiscal year for Date starts at month box.
- Choose a month. This month will define the start date for your calendar.
- Click Save.
- Fiscal year
- Fiscal quarter
- Fiscal month
- Fiscal week
You can add these attributes to queries to slice results by your calendar dates. You can also use these attributes in calculations, time filters, and result manipulations.